Starbug is an Open Source web development
framework for PHP.
StarbugPHP is a modular and extensible framework with a comparatively small codebase. We feel that the majority of frameworks are too verbose and inefficient. Our goal is to produce a framework that is powerful but small. Something that is simple to use and just as easy to extend.
- Flexible templating and URL routing
- Easy database management and abstraction including migrations and models
- Role-based access control (RBAC)
- Data validation and filtering
- Code generation using XSLT 2.0
- Utilities for building forms, data grids, thumbnailing, pagination, tagging, emailing, payment processing and more!
- Integrates several 3rd party tools such as Saxon, Dojo, Blueprint CSS, Doxygen, PHP Mailer, PHPThumb, TinyMCE and more!
- Dojo JS widget module including widgets ranging from slideshows to live data stores
- Plugins and hooks built on a flexible publish/subscribe layer
- Efficient lazy loading architecture
StarbugPHP is released under the GNU GPL license